We are dedicated to improving the lives of those in our community. Your contribution today helps us make a difference.
The burn ban has been lifted as of Septermmber 1st 2018.
The 2018 burn season is here, please remember to burn responsibly
Due to our drier winter our fire season has potential to be more volatile than previous years
Below are a few things you can do to make sure you are burning safely this year
- Make sure you are attending your fire at all times
-Have a good water source close by
-Don't burn on high wind days
-Watch for Red Flag Warnings
For more and to download a guide to open burning please visit
Click the button below to be directed to the online burn permit application
East Orchard Mesa Fire Department in Palisade is a non-profit all Volunteer Fire Department. All calls ran by our department are ran by members of our community, serving those around them with the utmost commitment to fire safety, emergency medical services, and care for their neighbor.
While we do have an annual budget, most of our equipment is purchased through donation. All donations go to vital equipment needed to help serve our community better in the event of an emergency, as well as keep those responding to a call safe. Donations also go towards the required preventative maintenance intervals needed to keep our apparatus running clean and efficiently.
- Bunker gear needed to keep those responding to your call safe in a fire
- Firefighting equipment such as pike poles, rams, saws, and Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) used to keep our firefighters safe in a house fire from the dangers of smoke inhalation
- Standard vehicle maintenance
- and so much more that keeps our department running efficiently to better serve our community.
We are constantly growing and doing all we can to make sure we have the tools needed to serve our community, but we need your help. If you would like to see our Fire Station and all that we do, please visit our communication page and set up a time to come by, we would love to give you a tour.